Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Tom Tomorrow

Tom Tomorrow does a weekly political cartoon that I read faithfully. Gotta say that I was a bit surprised with his cartoon for this week. On bankruptcy. Title is Moral Bankruptcy (no biggie -- there are only so many ways to be clever with the subject). First panel refers to credit card companies "handing out credit cards like Halloween candy" (an apt simile that readily comes to mind). The cartoon points out many of the same flaws with the bill that I did (duh, of course he did), and acknowledges that some Dems joined with the Republicans (factually correct).

Of course I'm not so full of myself that I think he stumbled across my blog, took many of my ideas and used them (adding things like the Silent Movie villain). When there are thousands of people addressing the same subject, there are only so many different ways to express yourself -- there's bound to be significant overlap in a number of cases. I just find coincidences like this both fascinating and a bit disconcerting.

No comments: