Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Fortunate

It's not Thanksgiving, but I feel like counting my blessings:
  • I have a loving, intelligent, beautiful, and compassionate wife:
    • whom I love so much,
    • who loves me so much,
    • and who understands me.
  • I have a wonderful family, both my own and the one I married into.
  • I have great friends, spread out near and far.
  • I am in reasonable health.
  • Most of the people in my life are healthy.
  • I have an intellectually stimulating job:
    • that I can walk/Metro to,
    • with nice co-workers,
    • that pays fairly well,
    • with enough time off to take advantage of the decent pay.
  • I have a great house.
  • All the people in my life are in adequate financial shape.
  • I live in an age where there's lots of readily available good beer.
  • I have two sweet dogs.
  • I live in walking distance to DC United games, and they won the MLS Cup this past year.
  • The Red Sox finally won.
  • Lots of musicians I enjoy come to the DC area.
  • I have neat stuff, from my Jukebox to a DSL connection for my computer, from a bunch of CDs to neat artwork.
This is a list to recount whenever I feel even remotely unlucky -- truly I am a fortunate individual.

No comments: