Saturday, March 05, 2005

Doing Nothing All Day

Today I sat around the house all day and did virtually nothing. I sat in front of the computer for hours, contemplated/researched our second digital camera (Kathy is indeed getting the Canon Elph SD300, and it should arrive on Monday), went out of the house for a matter of minutes (to walk the dogs, get the mail, and grab groceries after Kathy had gone shopping), put away some groceries, talked to some family members, bought some plane tickets, paid a bill or two, played with the dogs some, made myself lunch, cleaned up after lunch and dinner, consumed three meals, and napped for 30 minutes or so (and lay in bed for a while after that trying to go back to sleep). I also interacted with Kathy at various times during the day, and had a friend pop by for about 30 minutes. I truly think that covers everything I did today.

So is this a good thing or a bad thing? Am I a slug or recharging my batteries? Should I have been more productive in any sense, or is it ok to be a vegetable/engage in non-productive thinking, for a full day? Maybe I'll spend all of tomorrow contemplating this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I truly think it is a good thing to have a day like you've noted. Sadly, I've had way too many days like that in the last 7 months. But, slowly my energy is returning, and returning to work is looming in the not too distant future. Thoughts are going through my head as to how I'm going to get back in the swing of things once I've returned to work, and how I'm going to keep up with housework, laundry, yardwork etc. I've done it for years, but over the winter I've just gotten used to being a couch potato, having a little nap when I need it, eating leftovers when I'm not in the mood to cook, etc. But, I'm sure things will work out. And Aaron, take another day to do nothing real soon.