Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The NCAA Tournament

The NCAA tournament gets underway tomorrow, and I'm somewhat surprised at how little I care. I hardly watched any college basketball this season, and while I intend to watch some of the tourney, I'm not particularly empassioned at the thought of it. On three different occasions, Dad and I have gone to the games at one of the first weekend sites. We didn't go far -- each time the games were either in DC or in Tampa. No plans this year -- none of the games are near either of us.

I find that I still enjoy games when I have them on, but I rarely have the games on. Why do I deny myself the pleasure of watching the games?

Despite my ignorance, I still have thoughts on how the games will shape up (though I didn't enter any pool except the free one on espn.com):
2nd Round (these picks'll make it obvious who I pick in Round 1):
Illinois over Texas
Wisconsin-Milwaukee over Boston College
Arizona over UAB
Oklahoma State over Southern Illinois
Washington over Pacific
Georgia Tech over Louisville
Texas Tech over Gonzaga
Wake Forest over West Virginia
UNC over Minnesota
Florida over New Mexico
Wisconsin over Kansas
Connecticut over Charlotte
Duke over Mississippi State
Michigan State over Syracuse
Utah over Oklahoma
Kentucky over Iowa

Final 4 (making obvious my picks in the Sweet 16):
Illinois over Oklahoma State
Texas Tech over Georgia Tech
Connecticut over UNC
Duke over Kentucky

Finals:
Illinois over Connecticut

Naturally, this'll be the year I'd win almost any pool (except the espn one with several hundred thousand entries).

No comments: