Friday, May 06, 2005

Confession

One thing that really bothers me is when I'm stuck in a traffic jam because of an accident. Actually, that's not true -- what bothers me is when I'm stuck because of damned rubberneckers slowing down to see the accident that's already on the side of the road. What in the world are they hoping to see, and can't they just pull over and let the rest of us get on our way?

Yet here I am, rubbernecking at the Yankees. I'm enjoying the Yankees' disarray at least as much as I am anything the Red Sox are doing. I'm paying more attention to the Yankees than I am to the division-leading Orioles. It's just so much fun to watch a team that's spending so much more money than anyone else in baseball look like crap, particularly when it's the team that's been the Sox' nemesis for so many years.

Admittedly, it's early enough in the season that the Yankees could right their ship, but they have a lot of problems to fix if that's going to happen. And as long as they don't, I'll probably be watching.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least while rubbernecking the Yankees, you don't cause a traffic jam or the problem that other teams are left behind. Otherwise you have skills that scare me ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'd like to know what you were doing up at 3:48am?