Thursday, May 05, 2005

Celebrating Cinco de Mayo

In Mexico, Cinco de Mayo isn't really a holiday. In the U.S., it's treated as an excuse to drink. I've never been one to need an excuse to drink, but tonight I succumb to the norm, at least tangentially. You won't find me at a Mexican place sucking down Negra Modelos (and certainly not Coronas), however, because to the extent I'm drinking, it'll be at a fish place, and as for what I'll be celebrating, it'll be the occasion of my beloved's birthday. Happy Birthday Kathy!

As it happens, this Cinco de Mayo is also turning out to be Stuff-Your-Face Thursday, as a morning staff meeting provided croissants, and an afternoon going away party provided a ton of chips, salsa, guacamole, and chocolate. This of course is on top of tonight's oversized portions, which will have to include dessert.

No comments: