Thursday, April 12, 2007

Meme 4

Egad, Dave tagged me. I think this is the first time in a while I've been tagged, but maybe not -- I haven't been too good about reading everyone's blog lately, so another one could have slipped through the cracks (so if anyone out there tagged me and I didn't respond, please let me know, so I can at least have the choice of ignoring you rather than merely being ignorant).

FOODOLOGY

Q. What is your salad dressing of choice?
A. Ranch (easy when I don't have to change the answer from the previous person)

Q. What is your favorite fast food restaurant?
A. I'm not really a fast-food person, but I do enjoy hitting Taco Bell every year or so.

Q. What is your favorite sit-down restaurant?
A. Nam Viet in Arlington (this was a tough one -- there are a lot of restaurants I really enjoy, but Nam Viet is probably the only one I've been frequenting for over a decade).

Q. On average, what size tip do you leave at a restaurant?
A. Probably about 18% (again, just like Dave).

Q. What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick off of?
A. Back in the summer of 1985 I think I probably did live off of Little Caesar's for a couple of weeks when i worked there, but I'm not sure I could do that again, even if I got to pick a different pizza place. Now, I'd be more inclined to go with sushi.

Q. What is your favorite type of gum?
A. Dunno -- it's been at least 20 years since I bought any.

TECHNOLOGY

Q. What is your wallpaper on your computer?
A. This one (though I need to put a more recent one up).

Q. How many televisions are in your house?
A. 2 (one is unplugged and due to be left at the curb for whoever wants it).

BIOLOGY

Q. What’s your best feature?
A. My eyes (so says Kathy).

Q. Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
A. My adenoids, wisdom teeth and frenum.

Q. Which of your five senses do you think is keenest?
A. Taste or touch.

Q. When was the last time you had a cavity?
A. 18 years ago, or so.

Q. What is the heaviest item you lifted last?
A. What a silly question -- the heaviest item I last lifted is by definition the last item I lifted. The last "item" I lifted was Emelia.

Q. Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
A. If being strangled into unconsciousness counts, then yes, otherwise no.

BULLSHITOLOGY

Q. If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
A. Yes, but I'd rather know the year than the exact date.

Q. Is love for real?
A. Yes, on many different levels.

Q. If you could change your first name, what would you change it to?
A. I wouldn’t change it (gotta agree with Dave on this one too)

Q. What color do you think looks best on you?
A. Green

Q. Have you ever swallowed a non-food item by mistake?
A. Not that I remember

Q. Have you ever saved someone’s life?
A. No

Q. Has someone ever saved yours?
A. Not that I'm aware of, other than my parents by taking care of me when I was unable to care for myself.

DAREOLOGY

Q. Would you walk naked for a half mile down a public street for $100,000?
A. Yes, if (a) the question is about public embarrassment -- in other words, there wouldn't be additional consequences such as being arrested for it; and (b) the weather was ok for walking around nude (don't want to scorch my feet or freeze to death).

Q. Would you kiss a member of the same sex for $100?
A. Sure, if I got to pick the person.

Q. Would you allow one of your little fingers to be cut off for $200,000?
A. No.

Q. Would you never blog again for $50,000?
A. Yes.

Q. Would you pose nude in a magazine for $250,000?
A. No -- I'm worth more.

Q. Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1,000?
A. No.

Q. Would you, without fear of punishment, take a human life for $1,000,000?
A. No.

Q. Would you give up watching television for a year for $25,000?
A. Yes, though it's not like I watch much anyhow. That being said, maybe I'd use some of the money to fund some DC United road trips.

Q. Give up MySpace forever for $30,000?
A. That's easy money -- I've never gone over there, and even if there might someday be something that interested me at such a place, odds are that a new website will show up in a couple of years that'll become the new MySpace.

DUMBOLOGY

Q: What is in your left pocket?
A. Keys and receipts.

Q: Is Napoleon Dynamite actually a good movie?
A. I didn't think so.

Q: Do you have hardwood or carpet in your house?
A. Both

Q: Do you sit or stand in the shower?
A. "Dumbology" seems like the appropriate category for this question. I stand.

Q: Could you live with roommates?
A. I used to all the time before I got married, and even since then we've had long-term house guests (6 months), so yes.

Q: How many pairs of flip-flops do you own?
A. 1

Q: Last time you had a run-in with the cops?
A. About a year ago -- a cop decided to pull over the person in front of me in a turn lane -- she was in the straight-ahead lane, and when the light changed she tried this wacky maneuver to go after him. When she stopped him, she got immediately got out of her car and stopped me, accusing me of interfering with her efforts and threatening me with arrest if I ever did it again.

Q: What do you want to be when you grow up?
A. If I knew the answer to that, I might have done something about it by now.

LASTOLOGY

Q: Friend you talked to?
A. Tom

Q: Last person you called?
A. Elisabeth (the person we're doing the nanny share with)

RANDOMOLOGY

Q: First place you went this morning?
A. The bathroom, but if we're talking outside of the home, CVS.

Q: What can you not wait to do?
A. Wear shorts -- the weather here really stinks this Spring.

Q: What’s the last movie you saw?
A. Borat, the day Kathy went into labor.

Q: Are you a friendly person?
A. Yes, except when I'm grumpy.

As for tagging others with this Meme, that's not really my style, so anyone who wants to answer these questions go right ahead. That being said, if either Kathy or my brother wants to use this meme as an excuse to revive a dead blog, I'd be delighted.