Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Fantasy Sports

Tonight is my fantasy football draft. Because there are participants from all over the world, it's hard to select a time for everyone. We're going with 10:30pm EDT, which would be pretty good for me if not for my having still not fully adjusted from our Europe trip. I haven't stayed up that late since I've been back, so it'll be tough having that as a start time. I don't think being away from the U.S. will hurt me too much -- I seem to have heard most of the news that happened while I was gone. Because it's a RateBeer league, there are 16 teams (in an attempt to accommodate as many people as possible), as opposed to the standard 10 or 12. Thus, it's going to be pretty slim pickings by the end of the draft -- everyone will have to "settle" at one position or another.

I think I enjoy (and do pretty well in) fantasy sports because they combines my interest in sports with my mathematical mind. I only play for fun though -- I have no interest in betting on it, as I waste enough time without putting money on the line.

Does anyone who reads this play any fantasy sports? Anyone have any last-minute tips?