Monday, February 28, 2005

Whither the Weather

Big snow storm forecasted for today (6-10 inches), supposed to begin in the middle of the night -- the sort of storm that can shut down this region of weather wimps and give me a day off. I woke up early, like a kid at Christmas, to check whether we were shut down, but I knew the answer before I made it to my computer -- there was salt aplenty on my street, but no sign that any snow had fallen whatsoever.

Ultimately it did snow, and sleet, and accumulations are now forecast for 3-6 inches. So I worked today, and that's not a bad thing. It's what I had planned to do before someone informed me of the threatening storm. I just wish my hopes hadn't gotten up so much.

No work tomorrow -- jury duty instead (unless, of course, it's cancelled due to the weather). This'll be my second time serving. Last time I got selected for a trial, and after the trial I was dismissed -- turned out I was an alternate, so I missed out on deliberations. It wasn't really an interesting trial -- guy was very guilty, and everyone knew it, but because of mandatory minimum sentencing, there was no reason for pleading out the case. I can't say I really wanted to be a juror, but if I had to sit, the least they could have done was let me participate in deliberations -- sort of like watching a meal be prepared but having to go home before it's served. Hopefully tomorrow I won't get picked, but if I do it's not as an alternate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's absolutely gorgeous here. Just heard from my brother in Atlanta, and they got a couple of inches of snow this morning. All of our snow is just about melted, the weather is ten times better than when Vicki was here. Keep up the good work Aaron, I like reading your thoughts.

Anonymous said...

one more thing: having #5 treatment today out of 16