Monday, February 28, 2005

My Blog's Appearance

One thing I'm sure the three two regular readers out there have no doubt noticed is that I keep tweaking the appearance of this site. It's because I started with a template that blogger provided -- if you click on the "next blog" link in the top right corner of the page, and scroll through some other blogs, you'll see that a large number of blogs look very similar. The template I selected wasn't bad, but it wasn't quite right either.

So now I'm messing with the code despite knowing nothing about coding a webpage (in the past I've used Netscape Composer or some such program). I'm enjoying the trial-and-error component, though I wish I was doing a bit more learning beyond simple substitution & insertions of color codes & gifs. Still, it'll come, and maybe one day folks will visit my blog just to see what's different about how it looks (hmm, I wonder if I can archive past site appearance in addition to past posts?).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Just found your site by clicking on "next blog".

About your template, all the style is coded into CSS, or Cascading Style Sheets. You can learn more about it at www.webmonkey.com , it's a good site for simple educational information.

Cheers, and good luck!