Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Photo Exposition -- Our Cherry Tree

For the past eight mornings at about 8:30am, I've taken a picture of the cherry tree in front of our house. It's been wonderful watching it come into bloom, and the photos show how quickly it happens. We planted the tree four years ago -- it's a cherry varietal known as a double-flowered cherry blossom, and it blooms 1-2 weeks after the better known cherry blossoms by the Tidal Basin. Here are the pics (I recognize the composition of the photos isn't perfect -- it wasn't until after I picked the angle for taking the photos that I noticed how prominently our neighbor's house shows up on the left (the door, the American flag, and the rust around the door are all his). While usually I want to impress with composition, this time I'll let Mother Nature take full credit for the composition that matters.):


April 12


April 13


April 14


April 15


April 16


April 17


April 18


April 19 Posted by Hello

And for anyone curious, the tree has grown a great deal in the four years since we planted it (and the background here is of our front door):

Kathy with the New Tree (2001) Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Aaron, your spring is so far ahead of ours.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tree! I just love springtime.