Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Year's Best Music - 2013

Another year containing a paucity of posts, but have no fear -- I would never skip out on the highly anticipated publication of my favorite music of the year.  Compiling this list was possibly the hardest it's ever been due to the fact that this year there was an excess of excellent albums.  I was fortunate to see 9 of these artists in concert this year, and I have tickets to see two more of them in January.

In addition to my Top 25 albums, I have compiled a spotify playlist that includes a track from each of my top albums, together with some of my favorite songs of the year (limit one per artist).  That playlist can be found here.

25.
The Moondoggies -- Adios I'm a Ghost

24.
Ivan & Alyosha -- All The Times We Had

23.
The Head And The Heart -- Let's Be Still

22.
Typhoon -- White Lighter

21.
Mazzy Star - Seasons of Your Day

20.
Laura Marling -- Once I Was An Eagle

19.
The Lone Bellow -- The Lone Bellow

18.
Sallie Ford & The Sound Outside -- Untamed Beast

17.
T. Hardy Morris -- Audition Tapes

16.
The National -- Trouble Will Find Me

15.
Trixie Whitley -- Fourth Corner

14.
Kopecky Family Band -- Kids Raising Kids

13.
Frank Turner -- Tape Deck Heart

12.
Jake Bugg -- Jake Bugg

11.
Neko Case -- The Worse Things Get, The Harder I Fight,
The Harder I Fight, The More I Love You

10.
Charles Bradley -- Victim of Love

9.
Iron & Wine -- Ghost on Ghost

8.
Ben Harper with Charlie Musselwhite -- Get Up!

7.
Frightened Rabbit -- Pedestrian Verse

6.
Kurt Vile -- Wakin On A Pretty Daze

5.
Low -- The Invisible Way

4.
Yo La Tengo -- Fade

3.
Kingsley Flood -- Battles

2.
Jason Isbell -- Southeastern

1.
Phosphorescent -- Muchacho


No comments: