Now I sense some hesitation among a few of you, but hear me out.
- We both want a confident daughter, one who won't be intimidated by the world around her. Kathy wants a name that has a meaning along those lines. As a point of reference, Kathy has rejected names of flowers or jewels because they don't convey "strong woman" to her. I submit that Kickass conveys confident, strong woman.
- We don't want a common name, and Kickass is anything but.
- If we also select a middle name that begins with E, her initials will be KEG, which is perfect for the daughter of a beer geek.
- She would have to behave in school, as every teacher would be watching a kid named Kickass like a hawk.
- Stepford Moms would keep their daughters away from a girl with the name Kickass, thereby making it more likely that Kickass will develop friendships with real people.